Justin Fixes The Movies: The Weather Man


This column is going to be more difficult to write than I thought, because it has been a while since I've seen a movie that came so close to getting it right. The problem is that I can't put my finger on exactly what was wrong.

-The performances were great. Even the kids weren't annoying.
-The storyline, characters, and plot were all great.
-The mood, direction, and visual style of the film were great.

Here's the thing. This movie gets very damn close to my highest recommendation, but I must say it's pretty depressing. The only flaw that I can even describe is that the backstory of the family isn't quite as fleshed out as it could be, but this isn't the reason I wouldn't consider this movie an instant classic. Watch it anyway, maybe you can figure it out, and it's much better than most everything coming out right now.

Next Week, I'll be fixing The Ice Harvest, as well as a classic title from my massive back catalog. By classic, I mean something like the Evil Dead, not classic like Clark Gable. I may even implement a ratings system on these reviews.

In the meantime, enjoy the slew of new staff on the blog side here, and hey..subscribe to the feed! I've got all those options for you, you lazy prick.

No comments: