While you sleep the Karate Kommandos save the world!


I'm not a big fan of Cartoon Network. A lot of what they show frightens me. I tried watching "The Boondocks" and frankly I laughed harder during SOPHIE'S CHOICE (Of course you choose the son, what a no-brainer). But the channel did earn my respect by helping to get "Family Guy" back on the air. Now I have another reason to like Cartoon Network. They are the exclusive home to "Karate Kommandos," the 1980's animated series starring bearded wonder Chuck Norris.

Even though "Karate Kommandos" only consisted of 5 episodes, "Karate Kommandos" fever swept the nation back in 1986. In addition to the series a line of toys and a comic book featuring the beloved characters also made their way into the hearts of children everywhere. "Karate Kommandos" fever reached its zenith when during his State of the Union address, Ronald Reagan joked, "I sure wish the Karate Kommandos would show the Ayatollah a thing or two." Okay, that wasn't during the State of the Union address. It was actually towards the end of Reagan's years. Still though a pretty good indicator of the impact the show had.

Now we can all relive the animated adventures that found Norris and crew battling the evil forces of The Claw and Super Ninja. Best as I can tell Cartoon Network is running the show Tuesdays-Fridays at 5:30 in the morning. But if you'd like to sample a bit of this epic simply head on over to youtube and I bet you can figure it out from there.

1 comment:

Fazer said...

The real question is...when is this show getting on DVD.

I also found the idea that Claw's right hand man is no normal ninja...but a SUPER ninja to be quite boss.