Alias is Back...to its same ol' tricks.



Alias is finally back after a lengthy hiatus. Last time we left Sdy, she was kidnapped by Prophet 5, a secret operation, the details of which we never really found out. But her mom was behind it, yet again. Ok, I have been a loyal Alias viewer from the beginning. Some of my friends and I got together to make our own episode of Alias, the contents of which I am sure would make a hilarious youtube hit (if I only knew how to convert VHS-DVD or whatever) but thats how much I was enveloped in this series. But really, I'd be the first one to say that it is time for it to go. I remember a time when my heart use to race to ever heart palpitating corner Sdy would turn and how my eyes would widen with intrigue as she pulled out a new gadget to aid in her impossible missions. But now we are stuck with repetitive plots, leaps of faith I am not willing to take, (is she seriously apart of a 500 year conspiracy? come on!!!) the same effing villains and the flip-flopping of character loyalties. I get that it is a show about alliances and we are always supposed to be asking ourselves, who can we really trust? But come on, can we try to mix it up a little. I am sure Sloane and Irena are still evil somehow and are working together. And I also get that Abrams stopped caring about Alias once he got new projects that were bigger hits. (Lost) But anyway, there is no point in whining now, since this ship has sailed. Only 5 more episodes left. And I hope I feel satisfied at the end of this whole thing. I have been loyal. I deserve some excitement.

Btw...Wednesday's episode was good minus the regular crap. Vaughn is still alive after being dead for 3 months from a bombardment of at least 60 bullets. The mom is bad again. See what I mean.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing review...But you're wrong. As much as I would like to believe that it is the same old crap so I can move on with my life after the last episode is over, it's not. Hence, there'll be some sad sad days after the series is over. It still gets my heart racing. VAUGHN is fricking alive. And fricking Irena is evil as hell again (for this I applaud the writers...I don't like her and she should be evil. It fits.) I'm really excited to see the next episodes. Hope you end up seeing it my way!

Anonymous said...

I remember last season, thinking how bad it had become, and then the season finale..well the last few minutes of the season finale, hit me with the excitement that I hadn't felt since the first season. It was the god awful resolution to that finale that finally got me to stop giving a damn about this show. I haven't watched an episode since, and from the sounds of things, I haven't missed much.

Sarah said...

I won't see it your way. Good riddings I say. On to bigger and better things.

Fazer said...

this show was never good.

Sarah said...

It was good. The first season and like half of the 2nd. You just can't handle women kicking ass. Typical boy mentality.

Fazer said...

umm...hello buffy? That was a good show...not some crap mission impossible/buffy rip off junk.

And really...if a show is good for just a season and a half is it really that great?

Sarah said...

Don't screw with my semantics just to one-up me. I said it was good, not great. And Alias was nothing like Buffy (good show btw)...but you cant even compare them and Alias wasn't trying to be like it either. Just because there is a strong female character kicking ass, it must be somehow compared to Buffy...

Anonymous said...

Here's Faze chiming in on something he doesn't know anything about..

Fazer said...

I saw 3/4 of an episode of Alias, and that was enough to know that I hated it and violence on network TV is far too minimal to make shows like this intersting at all. 24 has gotten away with some surprising stuff though.