Pre-Sweeps Update


Do you hear that? It's the sound of your Tivo/DVR revving up for the happiest time of the TV season...Sweeps. I figured since I have talked about TV so little recently, I would run a quick update of some of my favorite shows as they make their way into the homestretch.

24: Umm...I don't know where to start. This season has been all over the place. The one theme that is kind of annoying is doing a big reveal at the end of one week, only to take a step back in the following week's episode essentially negating any drama that was developed e.g. Audrey's connection to the day's events, the President's involvement, etc, etc, ETC. The only thing saving this season is that it has had some great "Jack Moments". Anyway, this show is really limping to the finish in my opinion...yet I keep watching!

Prison Break: I was skeptical what they would do after we saw the aftermath of the initial breakout attempt. I figured the show would collapse in 24 fashion and just meander around until the end of the season for a big bang finish. I guess it can still happen seeing that it just came back a month ago, but I like what they seem to be setting up, and that flashback episode was actually pretty good.

American Idol: Good talent. Thank God Taylor and Chris are there. I am calling McPhee to win it all.

Scrubs: Pretty decent overall. It hasn't had the consistency that I could expect each week, but still very high quality stuff.

Veronica Mars: The show has been cruising along nicely giving bits and pieces of information about the bus crash. I was afraid this formula wouldn't work as well as it did last year having one giant overarching mystery, but you know what as the season has gone along its really kept me engrossed.

Lost: Justin would disagree here, but this season has been spectacular. The impending war with the Others, Mr. Eko, guns, POW's, crazy houses, highlighter images, etc. Great stuff. I can't wait to see what massive cliffhanger they leave us with this year.

Supernatural: Still my fave show of the entire year. Every episode is laden with humor, scares, mythology, and just good ole ass kickin'. It really has the early seasons of Buffy vibe going for it with a nice kick of machismo. It looks like the demon that killed Sam and Dean's mom will be involved in the finale and they will be reunited with their recluse father to fight it. I can't wait.



No comments: