Pre-Sweeps Update 2

Here are some of the shows I have been following in addition to the ones listed below:

Desperate Housewives: Season 2 started out really slow and I was pretty sure it was going downhill from all the hoopla it got first season. The story line has picked up and it is getting somewhat interesting. Carlos and Gabby are stealing babies, Bre is being accused of child molestation and Susan can't seem to get it right with men. Seems like any other week in Wisteria Lane. America loves sensationalism. I guess that includes me.

Grey's Anatomy: It is still entertaining to me, despite Meredith Grey. George sleeps with Meredith and while they are doing it, she cries so he hates her. He ends up dating some orthopedic surgeon, forgot her name. Mer and Dr. McDreamy are trying to be "friends." And Izzy is falling for a patient in need of a heart transplant. 10 bucks on Addy walking in on Mer and McDreamy in bed by the end of the season.

Prison Break: Faze already talked about this. Just wanted to add how much I love Wentworth Miller. And I hope Dr. Sara falls for him even more while he is in the psych ward.

Gilmore Girls: I have been meaning to talk about this show but have been avoiding it since there is so much to say. I have been a fan from the beginning and I am going to miss it when it goes next year. The season has seen a lot of ups and downs in the world of Rory and Loreali. Running away from Yale, getting arrested, going back to Yale and falling in love with the town asshole (Logan) are just some of the things Rory has accomplished thus far. Loreali and Luke finally admitted their love to one another and planned on getting married but that got complicated after Luke found out he had a long lost daughter. Even still, Loreali and Luke are boring as a couple, I actually enjoying Luke's pining for her more then them being together. Hmm what else...Jess came back last week. That was refreshing. And Paul Anka guest starred. (reason why it's funny-Loreali named her dog after him) Oh ya, Loreali's parents are planning to move to Stars Hollow. That should be interesting. AND Lane is getting married!!

Enough Summarizing. I love this show's wit. And I remember someone coined them Gabmore Girls (maybe SNL or MADTV, not sure) because everyone speed talks. Remember the show Blossom, her friend? It is like that. Like 100 words a sec. You really have to pay attention to get jokes because they don't stop for the audience to get them. That's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thought of losing Gilmore Girls saddens me so, I feel as if there will never be a show quite like it. Like Sarah said, the wit and flow of the conversations just draws me in and at the end of an episode I begin to talk like them. And I love it. It's hard for me to find attractive shows that have intellectual humor. I know they're out there, but they don't draw me in. I think that romantic side it has is just a rare find. And the characters. My God. They are amazing. Their acting, their looks, their chemistry, everything just fits so well. At times the plotline has made me sad, like when Rory dropped out, but I think that goes to show how very involving and amazing a show it is, that I feel as if one of my friends just dropped out.
There are very few shows that i am able to love fanatically, and I'm sad to be losing my #1. May Gilmore Girls always be remembered for its creativity, its unique style and its overall excellent quality.