Not So Phat.



Phat Girlz. So I got coaxed into watching this film with a bunch of girls...ya peer pressure. I had a feeling it was going to be horrible because Mo'Nique was in it but I watched it anyway because I did not want to be diffcult.


Overview: Mo'Nique wants to get some but thinks she won't ever find a man because she is obese and hates herself.

The Good: nothing, I wanted to shoot myself.

The Bad: This movie was trying to be a social commentary on how America views fat people and how in Nigeria, being obese is a sign of wealth because most of the country is dying of starvation. And how you should love yourself, even if you are really overweight. The words type 2 diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, certain types of cancer and early death kept flashing in my head and yes, that's where my mind went because I was so not entertained with anything in this movie at all. It was trying to be funny and serious at the same time and it just didn't work. None of it. The lines were so predictable that I knew what the characters were going to say before they said it.

Recommendation: I am actually just venting because I am so annoyed that I wasted money on this piece of crap, waste of my life, excuse for a motion picture. So Kids, moral of the story, don't listen to your friends and steer clear of Mo'Nique.


1 comment:

Fazer said...

clearly Mo'nique's work in "The Parkers" on upn showcased the type of comedy she can do...if only someone in hollywood gave her the right vehicle...a very very very big vehicle.