ROCKY BALBOA

The minute the famous Bill Conti theme hits in the beginning of the trailer for "Rocky Balboa" aka Rocky 6, I knew my ticket was already as good as purchased. But actually, the movie looks halfway decent. Stallone knows how to make this character work, but what looks interesting is the style the movie seems to be shot in. It seems more gritty and workmanlike ala Rocky 1, and not so glitzy and glamorous like Rocky 2-4 were. I think my favorite part is when Tony Burton (glad to see he is back...and still alive...as Rocky's trainer (he was formerly apollo's trainer and then managed rocky to victory over Russian giant Ivan Drago)) says, "what you need to win is speed...you don't have that. You have calcium deposits in most of your joints, so sparring is out of the question. So what we have to rely on is blunt force trauma...lets build some HURTIN BOMBS."

Seems like Stallone is going back to the basics. I like what I am seeing. I think you guys will too. This Christmas...gonna fly now.

Trailer

No comments: