Personal Confuser + Tivo + Internet = Access to MTV's "The Hills" ANYWHERE!!!


So, I am no computer geek. I appreciate my PC for allowing me to get on the "triple dub" and view movie news/rumors, sports news, waste time, and chat on AIM. Beyond that, I have no clue how to program anything, what java is or does, and if it wasn't for Blogger's ridiculously easy setup you would not be reading this right now.

Anyway, I thought I would post how 1337 (elite) I am after viewing the newest episode of "The Real World" on my laptop...as it was streamed off my Tivo about 90 miles away.

Basically, you need a Tivo, a PC, and a home network with access to the internet. First, download "Tivo Desktop" from www.tivo.com Then download Orb from www.tivoanywhere.com Those two programs will allow you to get your tivo programs onto your PC and then streamed across the internet. It works surprisingly well. It is a bit annoying when you try to fast forward through commercials though because you view everything through windows media player and it has to rebuffer and you are just guessing when you think the commercials will be over. All in all, it easily accomplishes what you want. You have access to your Tivo's library anywhere that has internet access.

For our geekeir readers out there, this I am sure is nothing new to you. But screw you. For all the non-dungeon masters out there, I highly recommend Orb's product and you know I loves me the Tivo long time.

No comments: