This is the end...

Just a few thoughts on the season of 2005-2006...pretty disappointing. All the old reliables were...just that old and reliable. The new shows tanked miserably in my opinion. I laugh looking back at our season preview podcast (whatever happened to that?!) and realized most shows we mentioned ended up being horribly disappointing.

I think the only bright spots this entire season were Supernatural (consistently awesome show, which has been renewed for season 2 on the CW. I highly recommend purchasing the DVD when it finally comes out later this summer), Lost (season 2 has been really really good), The Shield (easily best show on TV), Robot Chicken, The Office, and at times Prison Break. Scrubs has just been off the whole year. Family Guy has been hit or miss. Then there was the travesty of Arrested Development (but the episodes we did get, were pretty much instant classics) getting the early axe.

Going into summer, we have Rescue Me coming back, which should be great, and the rest of your network filler till Fall season comes back. One show that I totally missed out on was The Unit, which I hear pretty good things about. One show that I feel totally missed the mark was Thief though. Andre Braugher had some great moments, but overall the show just lacked a direction. I also hated the "kid getting involved" angle.

EDIT- I'm not in the business of censoring posts, but the comment guy is right, and thankfully he didn't repeat the worst of it, this sentence was just so awful and unfunny at a Will and Grace level, the lolocaust if you will, that it had to go-Justin

Let us know your thoughts on any show that you really loved this season or really hated.

6 comments:

Fazer said...

Good call kyle. Im a big fan of the 4400. Last season ended with a pretty good cliffhanger.

Anonymous said...

grey's pelvic anatomy? I cant imagine you rereading your post and letting that go. humor is going to go kill itself now.

Fazer said...

Whoa, when did the nazi's take over this blog?

I thought grey's pelvic anatomy was a biting commentary on the show. But I guess the Gestapo doesn't agree.

This is the part of the comment where I would put up a picture of Che Guevera

worry said...

AFV had its two hour season finale tonight. it's probably the only network show i make a habit of watching these days (besides rapaport, that is), and the season was pretty great. that said, the money still always goes to any video featuring a dang baby, so tonight's big-time finale money went to a video of four quadruplets laughing it up. major anti-climax.

worry said...

and "grey's pelvic anatomy" was pretty nice, since it's a show about doctors boning.

Fazer said...

"Count it"

Worry, your tolerance for bad tv never ceases to amaze me.

Also, to put a end to this post debacle. I stand by Grey's pelvic anatomy. The rest of what I typed was admittedly unfunny. On this week's episode of The Soup on E!, joel mchale referred to the show as Grey's "shag"natomy. I feel my quip was better.