24 season finale

Just a quick few thoughts inbetween the superhero posting.

This season of 24 was easily the worst its ever been. It was one of the most frustrating seasons to watch as an audience member. When massive plot lines e.g. a recording, get simply erased by a laser pointer in 5 seconds negating 4-5 hours of episodes, you tend to get a little pissed. The whole season was like a clinic on every mistake the show has made in the past.

I thought bringing David Fury onto the show was supposed to make it better, instead it is worse than it has ever been. Although, I am hooked for next year with the possibility of overseas action. I was hoping this season would involve the Chinese much more, but I am hoping for a more stripped down version of the show next year. I think the audience is tired of made up tech jargon (phoenix shield? that line had me rolling on the floor "nu-uh, you can't break a phoenix shield"), snake like plot developments that just lead to dead ends, and CTU politics on the whole.

Here's to hoping next year we see more of a Metal Gear Solid 3 type approach to the show...

1 comment:

worry said...

little do you know, it's all based on a true story!