I Can't Believe it. A Remake of a Horror Film!

I'm not sure when it became law to remake every single horror film made before 1995 but we need to put a stop to it before Vern Troyer is cast in an updated version of LEPRECHAUN. Until then we'll just have to continue eating up this slop.

Due in theaters this January is a remake of THE HITCHER, the 1986 film in which Rutger Hauer hitches a ride from C. Thomas Howell and then spends the rest of the movie trying to kill him and anybody around with a pulse. Hauer was the villain in the film but I ask you this, wouldn't we all kill C. Thomas Howell if we had the chance? I'm just kidding, I love C. Thomas. With the exception of former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop he's my favorite person in the world who begins his name with the initial C. If Howell grows a funny beard maybe I'll reconsider and put him in the top spot.

The new HITCHER stars Sean Bean as the maniac passenger known as John Ryder. I'd look to see the names of the youngsters he'll be terrorizing but it doesn't matter. They're interchangable with the young actors who will star in whatever horror movie opens the week after THE HITCHER. Here's the trailer which looks to keep things pretty close to the original, so close that you may as well do yourself a favor and just watch the original.

No comments: