DVD Goodness: The Sopranos Season 6, Part 1

The 2 best shows on television for my money are "The Sopranos" and "The Shield." They're to TV what Ali/Frazier were to boxing. During their most recent seasons I found "The Shield" finally delivered a knockout to "The Sopranos" but that's not to say the mob drama was lackluster. This week part 1 of the 6th "Sopranos" season comes to DVD in a standard no frills release that has unfortunately been the norm for the program's DVD releases.

I never let the lack of features (or the jacked up HBO DVD prices) on "The Sopranos" sets sway me from purchasing them. I always find it great to rewatch the shows on disc because I'm bound to have missed some key details during its original run. Besides, the episode where Christopher heads to LA and schmoozes with Ben Kingsley is worth whatever price being asked.

The 2nd part of the 6th (and final?) season is scheduled to start in March. That is unless James Gandolfini stubs his toe in which case the premiere will be pushed back to April of 2012.

No comments: