Hey New Orleans you're gonna be ok: COMIC RELIEF 2006

You know, I dont think I have ever seen a full Comic Relief special. I have probably seen bits and pieces of many of them, but I just remember damning my parents for not having HBO because on that channel you could curse, Robin Williams would be coked out of his mind but still funnier than anyone in the room, Billy Crystal could make hilarious observations about old Jewish people, Andrew "Dice" Clay (I think he was on a couple of these specials) could make jokes full of sexual innuendo that would go right over my 10 year old head, and you could watch Whoopi Goldberg...um...stand there?

Well, after a long hiatus the trio is back (sadly sans the "Dice" man)! They are putting on another Comic Relief to benefit the Hurricane ravaged south. There are going to be a ton of comedians on it. Also in attendance will be the obligatory Dane Cook appearance (I still think he is funny, but I think his agent needs to be more choosy from now on). The always hilarious Rebecca Romjin (wtf?) and New Orleans Brass/Funk/Rock fusion band "Bonerama" (they aren't comedians. there is no relationship to "Growing Pains". I checked. just poor choice of name.) But more importantly, its also going to be broadcast on TBS, this Saturday night. I am not sure if the TBS broadcast will differ from the HBO one outside of bleeping, but either way it should be cool.

Comic Relief Homepage for more info

No comments: