The Tracy Morgan Show II (30 Rock)


Watch NBC's "30 Rock".

It is funny. It is Tina Fey's behind the scenes of a late night sketch comedy sitcom. Tina Fey is a serviceable writer, but a pretty poor actress. On top of that, she still has a lot of left over junk in her trunk from her baby bearing. She is not that funny in a sitcom setting, and she isn't that good to look at, excpet for playing "spot the screwed up cheek of hers".

There is one reason to watch "30 Rock" and it is TRACY MORGAN. It seems like Morgan gets a script with a general idea of what he is supposed to do, and then throws it out of the window and just goes wild tossing around conspiracy theories about AIDS in chicken nuggets and sex with strippers. It is Morgan at his best. I applaud Tina Fey for getting this guy on the show rather than some unfunny black comedian...*cough*DL HUGHLEY*cough*.

I hope we get to see more of "30 Rock" solely for Morgan's ad libbing. It's on Wednesdays at 8. I also think bravo will be rerunning it throughout the week like they do with all of NBC's other big shows.

P.S. Let me take this opportunity to reiterate how much I hate the Christian chick on "studio 60". Her on again off again romance with Matthew Perry's character is almost killing entire episodes. I mean come on Sorkin, having an ex walk in on his old lady making out with some other dude and when he tries to sneak away he runs into something causing a clamor? I think every TGIF show did that storyline already...9000 times.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I wasn't too impressed with the premiere. I'll give it a few more episodes to hopefully grow on me but the laughs just weren't there for me in the opener.

worry said...

tracy morgan is the kool keith of comedy.

for the record, nerdy white dudes do tend to think tina fey is hot, in my experience among them.

i will try to watch this, i guess, but mostly in hopes that tracy morgan will get Bobb'e J. to do a cameo.

Fazer said...

Bobb'e J is just waititng to blow up man.

That kid is loaded with talent.