Save this Show: Friday Night Lights

After viewing episode 2 of NBC's "Friday Night Lights" I felt very comfortable calling it my favorite new show of the season. It manages to maintain a sense of realism without falling too much into sports movie cliche territory. All the characters are fully developed. Having the actor who plays Matt Sarecen, Zach Gilford, basically be the lead of the show is pretty gutsy. He actually looks like a goofy high school kid. Kyle Chandler is pretty fantastic as the coach. I believe that the townsfolk are actual townsfolk of a small town in Texas. But I think the most impressive part about the show is that when I watch it, I almost get fooled into thinking this is a documentary. Sure the shaky handicam photography can get a bit annoying, but it definitely gets the job done.

Anyway, this show has been basically killed by "dancing with the stars". So, I appeal to you, our 20 readers to start watching "Friday Night Lights" on NBC. It airs Tuesday nights at 8pm.

2 comments:

worry said...

is bravo rerunning this show? i missed episode 2 (and now 3 i guess)

Fazer said...

no they aren't. but they should.

it seems like nbc only reruns shows on bravo that are produced by aaron sorkin or are related to lorne michaels in some way.