Good Cop, Better Killer


Showtime has been hit or miss with me when it comes to their most recent shows. "Brotherhood" turned out out to be a decent drama, and somehow got renewed for a 2nd season. On the flipside their is "The Underground," an utterly terrible attempt by Damon Wayans to do shocking sketch comedy. Tonight at 10 PM they'll premiere "Dexter," which seems to have the potential to be a rather original cop drama.

"Dexter" stars Michael C. Hall of "Six Feet Under" as a Miami lawman by day and serial killer by night. The twist of the show comes from the fact that his victims are criminals themselves who have managed to evade the justice system.

I like the idea of the show and hope the execution is just as good. I never watched "Six Feet Under" so I really have no expectations, either good or bad, when it comes to Hall. I'm mainly just looking for a cop show that won't bore the hell out of me and help pass the time until "The Shield" comes back in the (fuck!) spring.

1 comment:

Fazer said...

For a second when I read Michael C. Hall, I thought in my head Anthony Michael Hall and got excited. But then I realized oh its that one dude from that hbo show that i never bothered to watch.

I don't actually watch the dead zone, but its got to be good. Its been on for like 5 years?

I think Anthony Michael Hall has a permanent "good guy" moniker thanks to his turns as Rusty I in National Lampoon's Vacation and as Gary in Weird Science.