Sarah's Recommendation: We already know it's bad but I like to beat a dead horse...Gigli


Overview: This flick centers around a "down on his luck" thug who falls in love with his lesbian crime partner.

Good: Ben Affleck's face, not his acting, just his face.

Bad: Wow. What a horrible horrible film. Ben Affleck plays Larry Gigli, a thug who kidnaps a mentally handicapped kid and holds him for ransom from his brother, a lawyer who has the authority to drop charges on some case his mob boss is invovled in. Jennifer Lopez plays the female thug who his sent by the mob boss to watch over Larry, making sure he doesn't screw up. So the two of them live together and Larry starts falling for Ricki (J.Lo) but he finds out she is a lesbian. This was so badly written that I am going to stop writing about what happened in it because it is THAT ridiculous. I only watched it because I had nothing better to do on my 7 hour plane ride. I really think the movie was a just a ploy to get people into the theaters to watch Bennifer make out on screen since the public cared so much to see them on newsstands. What a waste of Al Pacino, Christopher Walken and Martin Brest (director of Scent of a Woman, Midnight Run and Beverly Hills Cop).

Recommendation: soooo bad. Don't watch it and I am guessing you probably weren't planning on it anyway.

No comments: