Run McT-MC

This news really excited me. John McTiernan has been tapped to direct "Run" starring Karl Urban (I think he was moromir or boromir or one of the riders of rohan or whatever in Lord of the Rings).

Now, when the man who directed two of the most perfect action films ever, Die Hard and Predator, signs on to a new action flick I take notice. But I was even more intrigued when the Variety store brought to my attention by Ain't It Cool News mentioned that the script has approximately 100 pages of nothing but CAR CHASES! Now that is sweet.

While McT's recent efforts haven't changed cinema as we know it, they have been decent films (lets pretend Basic and Rollerball never happened). When you factor in this script, this director, and a non-household name actor, I think there is a chance for something special here.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Thank God he's not remaking that Patrick Dempsey movie.

Fazer said...

I can thankfully say I have NEVER seen a Patrick Dempsey movie

Chris said...

Oh c'mon, you saw OUTBREAK.

Fazer said...

he was in outbreak?

well then, ok I have never knowingly watched a Patrick Dempsey movie

Anonymous said...

I love Karl Urban. He was also in the Chronicles of Riddick and the Bourne Supremacy.

And what do you have against Patrick Dempsey? He was amazing as the lovable but geeky h.s. student who pays a cheerleader to date him, thus making him look cool enough to win over the entire school.

Chris said...

Later remade into Nick Cannon's LOVE DON'T COST A THING. Who says originality is dead?

How can anyone forget Patrick Dempsey in OUTBREAK? He's the first person to get sick from that damn monkey.