Farewell Mr. Baur



It is with a somewhat sad heart I have to inform you that 24 is no longer holding the number one spot in my Tivo's list of season passes. I was on vacation for the past two weeks, and when I came back I realized I had 4 unwatched episodes sitting on my hard drive, but for the first time in a long time I had no interest in watching them. Sitting through 4 episodes actually felt like a daunting task, not an enjoyment like tv should be.

It was then I realized I am finished with 24. It has become too tedious to watch, especially this season. All the magic bulletts, magic head trauma recovery, Russians with paper thin motives, cookie cutter terrorists, etc finally pushed me over the edge. This show has become more and more shitty with every season...but for whatever reason the rest of the world feels its becoming better? More and more awards are given to it for no good reason.

Anyway, more power to Mr. Sutherland. An iconic character like Jack Baur doesn't come around too often for a lot of actors, and Kiefer is definitely making the most of his second life on fame. But this is where I get off this crazy train.

P.S. And no this doesn't necessarily mean Heroes will be taking a season pass either. I have been keeping up with that show through NBC.com replays...and boy is it a frustrating show to watch (especially for a comic book fan like myself), but more on that after the season finale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I gave this shit show up about the same time you did. At first, the season seemed to be pretty great..in fact, I thought it was better than it had been in years. Then, it got just as horrible as it always does. I don't know why we give it a chance every season. We've only finished two seasons. Every other season we've given up in disgust halfway through, after the show got off to another great start. We've decided that'll never happen again, as we're done for good.

As for Heroes...what's up? I'm a comic-book fan and I love it.