Jericho: AAAAAAAAAH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

So Jericho had its season finale this week...and it was pretty damn good! I think at the beginning of the TV season Jericho was probably the last show I would have thought would be surviving AND renewed for season 2. In retrospect though, the show really came together nicely about halfway through the season. The creative staff built up a ton of questions in the first 6-7 episodes and then proceeded to answer them pretty clearly.

We found out what Jake was up to in his time away from Jericho.

We learn about Hawkins' past.

We learn about the bombs.

By the end, the show was far less about the mysteries of the bombs and more a character study about how people would survive in a post-nuclear holocaust world (minus the super power mutations...which I am fully expecting to see explored in season 2).

Once this show hits DVDs, I would suggest giving it a rent. It is far less sexy (although Ashley Scott always looks smokin' when on screen) a show than Lost, but it is a fun and sometimes poignant diversion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post title. According to Dave Chappelle, as a white guy I don't know what that means. But I do. Please don't tell him.

As for Jericho, we love that show. I thought that it had a somewhat slow start (after the first great episode), but it really picked up and kept on going. Great show and great finale.

I was so happy to learn that Hawkins' was on the good team, after those few episodes where they let you think it was the other way around.

Anonymous said...

Well que sara sara..it got shitcanned..I guess the ratings never recovered from that extended break.