SHANE BLACK WEEK: IT BEGINS

I really have a feeling that our readership has not increased in the last 6 months, but I also get the feeling based on our rough site visit meter that we haven't lost too many readers either!!!

For those still reading, I thank you. I know we could talk about all the hot new TV shows of the season, but I have quickly realized that there are 95 million other websites and blogs that will do it better and in a more timely fashion than we can. I think TV is still an important part of this blog, and when any of us feel the need to chime in about a show we won't hesitate to. For example, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip is pretty fantastic, but I think everyone knew that already. Smith on CBS was actually pretty damn good too, and I don't know how aware of that people are. But I think the one show that has been the clear runaway favorite for this season has been The Venture Brothers. Each episode has raised the already high bar for comedy. It is simply the funniest show on TV right now. I highly suggest you guys check it out Sunday nights on Cartoon Network. AdultSwim.com will also show the newest episodes on their "Adult Swim Fix" service on their website (its free).

Another not so hidden cable gem is Monk. You would think the OCD gimmick would get old after so many episodes, but I can tell you this half season that USA aired over summer has had me laughing out loud on multiple occasions. I already talked about Psych earlier on this blog, and I still stand by it. It is simple a fantastic show and a perfect companion piece to Monk. Both shows should be coming back in January for the second half of their seasons. Be sure to watch.

Jericho is another CBS show that I would definitely push also. Although Skeet Ulrich constantly looks like he is coming off a cocaine high, the show itself has a great premise and seems to be well executed so far. It is definitely something I would like to see through till the end.

Anyway, keep on reading. If nothing else, I promise you will be entertained.

Without further adieu, I present to you Shane Black Week.

No comments: