Summer TV Viewing: Quick Update

Comedy Central's new local news spoof "Dog Bites Man" starring UCB alum Matt Walsh and star of the cancelled but great EDIT: The show on VH1 was actually called "late world with Zach", Zach Galifianakis premieres this Wednesday at 10:30. I was a little curious as to how this would be more than just Daily Show man on the street bits over and over, but after watching some clips it looks like they are going for more of a "Reno 911" approach. I am hoping this ends up being good. I felt pretty bad that Ian Black's semi-The State reunion "Stella" didn't work out because it was actually quite good at times. Gotta give Comedy Central credit for giving comedians the chance to try different programming though. They still get a high five from me for putting UCB on tv for 2 seasons for what I thought was the most hilarious sketch show ever.

"Dog Bites Man" clips up on Comedy Central's website

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(insert retarded contrary opinion here )

Fazer said...

So, first episode aired yesterday...and I frankly found it fantastic. The whole romance angle feels a bit forced and tacked on, and seems like something that could get old soon.

Also, I guess they are making no qualms about ripping off The american version of The Office in their two leads...I mean the A/V guy actually even looks like a thinner version of Dwight Shroot.

Still, a lot of great stuff. I can whole heartedly recommend it now.

worry said...

the awkward fake/real interactions are funny, the semi-scripted "behind the scenes" stuff is hit or miss. but it was still pretty good. i haven't seen the american version of the office so i can't gauge your comparison, but my guess is you just think white dudes all look alike.