"The Breakup" (2006)-Strangely Amusing


So I saw "The Breakup" with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. I was expecting some horrible Gigli-esque tragedy. You may ask why I even went, well sometimes I end up watching movies as a social gathering rather than as some huge anticipated event unlike some of the geeks reading this blog...no offense though, because I love you all. Anyways...

Overview: It's pretty self-explanatory. It's about a breakup between Vennifer, (the real-life couple, Jen is trying to have his babies, I am sure you've heard.) God, if I was dating Vince Vaughn, I'd want to kill him too. His acting skills are boring/unneccsarily macho and stoic but it's working for him so whatever. Surprisingly enough, that is much of the problem Aniston's character has with him in the movie.

Good: This was a very strange romantic comedy. It wasn't really romantic at all. I sorta liked that. The plot wasn't neatly wrapped up in the end...there was even a little mystery. And it was pretty realistic...which was again really strange, but refreshing. I liked where the writers took the relationship...not to give too much away but they did a good job of showing how people can leave positive impacts in our lives even if they aren't a part of them anymore.

Bad: I enjoyed it but some of the scences dragged and much of the dialogue was repetitive. It was really awkward seeing Vaughn's character express his feelings because its Vince Vaughn.

Recommedation: It's a good date movie I guess. Sorta. At least rent it someday.

1 comment:

Fazer said...

There is no one in hollywood who has a sweeter deal than Vince Vaughn. He plays himself in every movie he makes, lets forget about that Psycho remake for now, and its a massive hit. He is my American Idol.