Production Update: Episode 1 V3

The plan is to put the show out on Monday. Hope you enjoy!

In honor of Bud's "Best Episode Ever" post, I thought I would chime in with my own, less well written tribute to what I consider to be such: "Whoever Did This" on the show "The Sopranos." For those unfamiliar with The Sopranos, stop reading and do not ever come back to this site or listen to the show. For those unfamiliar with episode titles, this is the one where Tony kills Ralphie.

Smack in the middle of an otherwise meandering and somewhat lackluster season of one of the greatest shows of all time, "Whoever Did This" jams together significant plot movement, incredible direction, and the cap to one of the show's longest arcs. Ol' Ralphie had had it coming for quite a while. Even those who didn't follow the Ralphie story couldn't help but feel nervous as Tony and Christopher proceed to hack and bury the corpse. The rest of the episode after the murder kept me on the edge of my seat, like things were going to tip off the edge at any second.

A close runner up: The series finale of Twin Peaks, actually titled "episode 29 part 2." I will try to do this the best I can without spoilers because I know quite a few people haven't seen the show, and the final season isn't even available on DVD yet. David Lynch got me into movies. Twin Peaks got me in to serial TV. This last episode still stands as the best and most ballsy series finale that I have seen in my time. So ballsy in fact that I'm sure on original airing that America collectively scratched it's head and wondered what the hell? I love stuff like that. At any rate, you may be able to find the VHS at your local video store, and the first season SANS PILOT is available here. If you have any kind of class, you'd import the complete series from one of the much better European releases.

Cutting back for a moment, I hope you all enjoy the first episode of our podcast, it should (barring disaster) be live Monday.

No comments: