Production Update: Episode 1 V2

Folks,
Bear with me on this page, I know it's ugly, it's a template, and I haven't even updated the links. With time my friends.

As for the show, Faze and I (and hopefully Brendan) will be recording Friday and Saturday. How much in the way of stuff I can use this will yield is a whole different story, but if all goes well, you may have the show mid next week. While we will touch on some of the points that I mentioned in my last post, the main "Theme" of episode 1 is one that I consider close to home: the downloading of full episodes of TV shows, and whether or not this is a good thing for television. I'll withhold my opinion for the sake of not spoiling the show, but how's that for a good segue into my internet philosophy, and how it will play into this show.

We are doing the show for fun and on our own free time. You will never pay for the show, and you will never hear an ad. We are not bound to anything and will only do the show as long as we feel it is relevant. What I hope to accomplish is an intelligent and respectful discussion of TV shows that we love. Community will hopefully become a big factor here, we would hope that as we begin to do more interactive things with the show, that we can keep it respectful and intelligent. This is a thing for tv nerds and by tv nerds, so we're all one happy family, whether we think that Whedon is a demigod or semi-hack. Catch the drift? In more plain terms, my grand scheme is to keep this as open as the audience will allow. If this would deteriorate into a mudfest of...oh, lets say AICN proportions, the comments section goes. That's not to say I even expect a torrent of comments, but I wanted to throw that out there.

As for censorship: Faze and I have decided that the show would be best done with a minimum of the seven dirty words. Expect a PG show (maybe PG 13 when I argue with Corkum about the Simpsons).

Ah, the long and rambling stream of consciousness. Hopefully my next update will be the finished show. See you soon folks.

No comments: