Ghostbusted!

A little bit of a controversy has sparked up over my last post. Apparently, I should do more research before throwing around accusations about Ray Parker Jr. We were contacted by Barbara Shelley, who has worked for Mr. Parker Jr. for a long time now. She just wanted to clarify that Ray Parker Jr. is the only name credited on "Ghostbusters". There was legal action in the past, which was settled out of court and included a confidentiality agreement. Now all is resolved and it is legally right to state that Ray Parker Jr. is the man responsible for the recording.

I want to thank Ms. Shelley for all the helpful information. As for Ray Parker Jr., he is gearing up for an upcoming tour about which you can find out much more on his website

Also, I want to remind everyone how great the original music video for "Ghostbusters" was by posting it here. Points for the person who can identify EVERY 80's superstar that makes an appearance in the video. Also, I had totally forgotten about the little bit at the end where the 4 Ghostbusters themselves walk with Parker Jr. in Times Square.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'm glad this incident has been settled peacefully. I'm not doing any time over your screw-ups!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing the update. And Ray's website is: www.rayparkerjr.com
your friend in music,
Barbara Shelley