Expose Yourself to Gary Daniels


What's your favorite Gary Daniels movie? What's that? You don't have an answer? Well do yourself a favor this Tuesday and pick up the 1998 epic RECOIL which will finally receive a deserved DVD release.

Daniels has spent close to 20 years entertaining people with very low standards (like me!) when it comes to action films. He certainly doesn't have the acting ability of Robert Downey Jr. but Downey Jr. can't kick worth a damn so they're essentially equals in my book. To enjoy Daniels you must ignore his lack of facial expressions and appreciate him for the dedication he puts forth to create films full of insane stunts and plenty of gunfire.

You may want to know the plot of RECOIL before watching it. Daniels is a cop whose family is killed. That's it, you need to know nothing more. RECOIL is not the type of film you will find copies lining the shelves at Blockbuster but I'm sure you cool Netflix people can obtain it pretty easily. The rest of you may have to work a bit but I'm sure you'll thank me in the long run. Some of you may like RECOIL so much that you'll look for more of Daniels' movies to experience. To those people I say: Sorry.

3 comments:

Fazer said...

for a second I thought this was a Gary Cole related movie. Daniels does bare quite a resemblance to Cole though...coincedence?

Chris said...

I can see the resemblance. Maybe if Cole had acquired some martial arts skills "Wanted" would still be on the air!

Fazer said...

is "wanted" cancelled?!?!

I thought it was on hiatus!!!

TNT...THEY KNOW NOTHING!!!!