Trailer Trash

Quite a few interesting trailers came out this past weekend, interesting enough that it made me want to blog about them.

First: The Marine (its in italics because its clearly a film, not a movie): WOW. This movie looks like heaven for fans of old 80s borderline B/A action flicks. I think Chris nailed it on the head with the Transporter comparison. It definitely feels like a backwoods version of that movie, and I think the car flipping deal was also done in Transporter 2. One thing is for sure, I have never seen this many slow motion action dives in a trailer since Jeff Speakman was a household name (which he was for about 13 minutes in 1987). Also, there is NOTHING wrong with Kelly Carlson being in this movie. Save for the fact her name is ridiculously close to sounding like Kelly Clarkson. This woman should be more famous than she is right now. As far as Cena, I hate his "wigger" character just generally dislike his wrestling character. But the "dirt sheets" apparently say he is a good guy behind the scenes, so I guess that is something. This probably won't touch the genius that is The Rundown though...now thats a fucking movie.

You can find the link to the trailer in Chris' post below.

BORAT: I have already blogged about the greatness that is Borat. Judging from the first trailer, looks like there were quite a bit of scenes and bits that weren't in my particular screening...which I love. I am definitely rewatching this movie when it hits this November. I really think it will knock everyone's socks off. If you liked Old School, 40 year old Virgin, Anchorman, and Talladega Nights (which was fantastic btw) you will be blown away by this movie. Its genius. Possibly the funniest movie of the past 10 years.

Link to my review

Link to the Trailer

Tenacious D in The Pick Of Destiny: I think Worry can chime in with a better history with Tenacious D because my exposure to them is limited. I have heard a couple of their songs and enjoyed them, but never saw their HBO stuff. I like Jack Black a lot. I like Kyle Gass' hair in this trailer. The movie itself seems like a giant rollercoaster through the world of rock, witchcraft, musicals, comedy, and much much more. It looks really promising. Its also nice to see Jack Black back to being himself after that unsuccessful detour that was King Kong.

Link to trailer

1 comment:

worry said...

well tenacious d are basically a comedy/musical duo that did the stand-up thing like most comedians. but unlike most similarly premised musician/comedians (steven lynch, flight of the conchords), tenacious d are actually funny. and they actually have good songs. and jack black is a great singer. their big turn obviously came with the exposure on HBO, through their own specials and through association with mr. show. and they put out a fantastic funny album.

also you need to stop referring to king kong as a misfire because it was great.