The Few, The Proud, The Wrestlers


Confession time! I am not a computer expert. I know you read this and figure if someone contributes to a blog they must have gone to Harvard but that's just not the case. I went to a state college. What I'm trying to say is I have no clue how to make links look nice on this damn site and I don't feel like blowing more than 5 minutes of my Saturday trying to figure it out. All I wanted to do was give the link to the trailer of the upcoming film THE MARINE starring wrestler/rapper/meathead John Cena. Seems like an odd "news" item to bring someone to admit they're stupid but that's the kind of dedicated guy I am. Here is the link:
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/themarine.html;_ylt=Aq7up8oaqsh8pUOSj4FVOSBfVXcA

I don't watch much wrestling these days. When Hillbilly Jim hung up his overalls so too did I. So all I know about Cena is from the few times I've seen him on shows like Conan or Kimmel. He seems like a decent guy but I don't know if he'll be able to charm his way through an entire film like The Rock did in THE RUNDOWN. But if you clicked that ugly link you'll see that the bad guy is played by Robert Patrick. That is probably what will get me to the theater. Patrick is a geek icon for his role in TERMINATOR 2 but he's really had a cool career full of all sorts of different film and television work, most notably in my book for his part in COP LAND and his great turn as a gambling addict on "The Sopranos." I wish I could say I'm impressed by his character on "The Unit" but anytime I saw him on that show he was just sitting behind a desk.

THE MARINE looks like it could be some good old fashioned dumb fun. Sort of a white trash TRANSPORTER. It stinks that it's PG-13 but those are the breaks in these conservative days. As an added bonus you get the ultra-fine Kelly Carlson from "Nip/Tuck" as Cena's kidnapped wife. Though I'm a bit bummed that her whole role will consist of not being topless and often yelling "Save me my Marine, save me!"

No comments: