Trailer: AMERICAN GANGSTER


Remember when the summer was the time to get excited about movies? I'm not sure when that ended for me but this summer's crop of blockbusters smells of ass. When I think of the films I'm anticipating most for the rest of the year they're basically all due to come out in the fall. Chief among them is the Denzel Washington/Russell Crowe crime drama AMERICAN GANGSTER.

The last time Denzel and Crowe tangled together we ended up with VIRTUOSITY. Yeah, I know, we were all burned by that one. But a lot has happened since then. Both actors have developed into the best of what their craft has to offer. Oh, and this movie is directed by Ridley Scott. That's a slight step up from Brett Leonard.



In the film Washington plays Frank Lucas, a real life drug lord who smuggled heroin into America using the coffins of dead soldiers during the Vietnam war. Crowe portrays the lawman hot on Lucas' trail. The stacked supporting cast includes Cuba Gooding Jr. (stop laughing), Carla Gugino, Josh Brolin, Idris Elba, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and everyone's favorite genital tucker Ted Levine.

The movie is set to open in November. Check out the fantastic trailer here.

3 comments:

Fazer said...

just saw the trailer earlier today. it really does look fucking good.

I have to say though, the casting of Carla Gugino was a nother big plus for me. She has large boobs.

Fazer said...

oh beautiful post by the way chris.

i like the way you formatted it...nerd.

Chris said...

It took me forever to format those without completely screwing up the text. If I ever do one of these with more than one photo again I'm going to have to call in sick for work.