Apple on top, Jobs video Ipod to include TV show downloads

It seems that someone has finally listened to me and looked at downloading TV shows legally as a boon to serial television. Steve Jobs announced today that along with his video Ipod, Certain ABC TV shows will be available for download for 1.99 an episode from the Itunes Music Store. This is an important step forward in tv and will perhaps help shows that otherwise aren't able to attract the audience that they deserve. I don't have exact details yet..this news just broke, but I would assume that these shows will also work on your computer, so you won't have to purchase a new ipod to get them to work. Support this service guys, this is good good stuff for serial TV fans. Let's rally more networks to support this service!

Stealing Cable: The podcast is currently pre-empted. We will return to our regularly scheduled programming shortly. The scoop is that we all kind of needed to take a step back and see where we were going with the show after we recorded a terrible (and never to be released) episode 4. I will try my damndest to get a show out very soon, even if I have to do it myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think TV show downloading is an excellent idea. Good for tivo-less people who are too busy to watch their shows live and not computer nerdy enough to acquire them via "non-offical sources." I'll support the service when it comes out.

Good job on the first three eps. I'm looking foward to episode 4 beta.
-Mujtaba